MB 42×72 JSS LCD
Ballast with 10.8 gallons of water when in use on federal highways (178 lbs). Otherwise, fill with as much as 150 gallons of water (1305 lbs).
Minimum 8 years on Average
Download our PDF spec sheets:
MB 42×72 JSS LCD Specs
What Is An LCD?
A Longitudinal Channelizing Barricade (LCD) is a federally-designated type of traffic barricade. LCD’s are designed to provide visual guidance for motorists and pedestrians. They are meant to supplement drums when positive delineation is needed. They do not provide positive protection. An LCD fills the void in safety between the hazard that concrete barrier posses to motorists versus the gaps in lines of drums that allow vehicles and pedestrians into the work zone!
In order to be designated an LCD and be certified for use on a job site, a device must pass NCHRP-350 crash test requirements and the manufacturer must be issued a Federal Acceptance Letter (and be able to produce it on request).
Concrete Barriers? No Way!
Just remember, you don’t have to use a concrete jersey barrier in all construction zones! The (Roadside) Design Guide calls for concrete barriers to be used only under two circumstances: When it is less dangerous for vehicle occupants to impact the concrete barrier than to collide with a hazard behind the barrier, or to prevent an errant vehicle from penetrating a zone where workers are at risk. Deploying concrete barrier systems at work sites simply as a channelizing/delineating fence is poor practice and creates an unnecessary hazard in itself.
|NCHRP-350 Crash Testing and FHWA Acceptance|
|FHWA Acceptance Letters
MUTCD References Section 6F.66
Safety and Benefits
- Much easier to set up than concrete.
- Requires no additional hardware or parts and forms an interlocking wall in any configuration
- Due to their visibility and imposing nature, drivers respect these devices.
- Widely-spaced folding barricades, drums and cones are often confusing. LCD’s provide positive visual delineation by forming a wall.
- LCD’s keep drivers & pedestrians from shortcutting through construction zones.
- Other delineation devices are easily knocked over by traffic or weather, whereas water-filled barricades are stable.
- They positively delineate work zones at night and in bad weather
Daytona International Speedway
MICC Directorate of Contracting-Ft Stewat
Mountain View Co Op
Nevada Barricade and Sign
Safety Products, Inc.
The Traffic Safety Store
Traffic Management, Inc
US Army – Fort Polk LA
US Border Patrol – Sierra Blanca TX
View Point School